PREPARING FOR YOUR AIBRUSH TAN
The most gorgeous, healthiest spraytan you will ever experience! I let you control the color of your tan. Shower anywhere from 4 to 24 hours for a light, medium or darker glow.
City Chic Sunless exclusive solutions are perfect for any skin type and tone. I will professionally guide you to decide what is best for your skin type and occasion.
The timed reaction of DHA on the skin is a Maillard reaction (amino acids interacting with sugars to create brown or golden brown compounds..same as if we cut an apple in half ) . My solutions contain the highest quality, purest premium DHA available resulting in an odor free, streak free, orange free spraytan with and even non patchy fade out.
DAY OF SESSION
– Mani”s /pedi’ s, waxing , hair salon services should all be done the day prior to your tan.
- -SHOWER the day of at least 4 hours prior ( bar or dove soap are not recommended as they leave a film on the skin.)
- -EXFOLIATE – 1 day prior. Please do not scrub your skin raw. My You Glow Girl exfoliating body wash provides the perfect exfoliation for your tan, available at city chic for purchase. A loofah is another good option. (sugar or salt scrubs are not recommended . Sugar scrubs contain oils that stay on the skin, salt drys out the skin).
– Shave (at least 12- 24 hours prior )
– SKIN should be clean of lotions/perfumes, makeup & deodorant
– Wear loose dark fitting clothes to put after session
*No jeans please*
– Avoid acvities that may cause you to sweat
You will control your desired color – wait 8-24 hours before showering,the sooner you shower the lighter your tan will be.
The topical bronzer will wash off . * keeping your tan on longer than 24 hours may cause an un- natural color change.
– Gently wash your body and pat your skin dry.
– Do not use bar soap or dove products as they are not sunless friendly.
Heavy scented lotions,or body butters,are not recommended.
– Avoid products with alcohol (perfumes, body sprays) on your airbrush tan instead mist these products in the air & walk through once clothed.
– Do not take long hot baths or showers.
– Chlorine from a pool can cause your tan to fade faster.
– Exfoliate with You Glow Girl Pineapple Scrub before your next session. Layering DHA ( the active ingredient in spraytan solution) will cause a “patchy” looking tan . Please come in with your skin clear of any previous DHA tan.
– Avoid lotions with mineral oil or petroleum.
Extend your tan with my You Glow Girl professional self tanning mist !
Please click on the link below for more info on the 10 top things nobody tells you about a spraytan!
My solutions are PETA approved, paraben free, fragrance free, alcohol free, and premium
organic. The active ingredient, dihydroxyacetone (or DHA), is a simple
carbohydrate. We use the purest form if DHA available from organic sugar beets. Non transdermal, spraytanning is simply
reacting with the skin’s outermost layer of proteins, resulting in a browning effect, using no harsh dyes.
Sunless tanning was first introduced into the consumer marketplace in the 1960s.
In 1977, the FDA added DHA to their list of approved cosmetic ingredients. Today,
DHA is the main active ingredient in all sunless tanning skincare preparations.
It’s no secret that a tan makes us appear slimmer, younger, and sexier. However,
it’s important to keep in mind that almost 90% of the visible changes attributed to
aging are caused by the sun. Sunless tanning is not only the smart alternative
because it provides all the same benefits without the exposure to ultraviolet rays;
but in addition, it can minimize the appearance of skin imperfections and eliminate
the concern of tan lines. ( please keep in mind tan lines or previouly sunbuned skin that has peeled cannot be totally corrected) .
Custom airbrush tanning and body contouring also
creates the opportunity to obtain any shade of tan one might desire- from a
subtle glow to a deep, tropical bronze, Pure Organic Airbrush Tanning is here!
With the sun’s ultraviolet rays being the main culprit of skin cancer, it’s no surprise
that DHA-based sunless tanning has been recommended by the Skin Cancer
Foundation, American Academy of Dermatology Association, and the American
Medical Association. Ultraviolet radiation damages DNA, the genetic material that
makes up genes. In turn, our genes control the growth and overall health of skin
cells. So although soaking up the sun may seem like a pleasant pastime, it is not
safe for long enough periods for people to develop the color they desire. Sunless
tanning allows individuals to obtain a sun-kissed glow without the harmful effects